Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Hello!

Yes I am still alive!I have only just got my internet connection back this week- thank god!!

Matthew and I have just moved house next to the ugliest and loudest trout on the planet, and are now in the process of moving again so as you can imagine it has been a bit hectic!

Anyway, I have started my new job at the gallery and am now beginning to settle in. It's quite high pressure and busy but I think that is good for me otherwise I get bored easily.

As for the drawing front- I received a new easel and paints for my birthday from my Mum so have been making lots of mess with that! Here's a painting I am doing using only a palette knife and no original sketch (eek!):

First attempt:


Second attempt:

Those of you from the forum will know about my struggle with colour- this painting was an exercise at being loose with the paint and colours and trying not to restrict myself. Plus, it was an excuse to use all my new paints and make loads of mess (and ruin many of my jeans-oops).

Have also been practicing my drawing skills:


This is a re-worked sketch I did months ago- I'm quite pleased with the hand as I normally find this the trickiest part!

Close up of sketch:


I've got a couple more but I will save those for tomorrow- for now, I've got to go and finish making a casserole!

Holly :-)

2 comments:

natural attrill said...

Hello, I like the first painting best, but that blue is stunning on the second.
P.

Gail said...

Those paintings are stunning Holly!