Monday, March 20, 2006


Hello,

I still can't manage to work out how to put a picture on this website of myself. I've somehow managed to download about 2 new programs but they are not making much sense...help anyone?

I've been painting and gluing for most of the day today until my Mum came over for a cuppa. We talked about her new paintings and me doing a brochure for her to advertise her work.

I need to get some work also but am finding it stressful as to know what to do really. I have lots of ideas for my illustrations although I don't know if they will cut it in the real world. Obviously, I am still a beginner but I'll get there in the ebnd. I'd rather be poor than not be able to draw all day..its addictive.

Have got to go to college tomorrow but I am a bit behind again (the work creeps up so quickly when you are part-time). Im doing a project about Banksy and Egon Schiele. I love Schieles work and thought I loved Banksy's but he's being to tire me. There's not much substance there although I suppose that could be because I am comparing him to Schiele who, in my opinion, is fantastic!

I am still planning to hand in my notice at work at the end of the month...Im a bit more than nervous although I know I will be much happier.

I have posted an image (hopefully) of the sketch I did yesterday. I am planning to produce a series of drawings based on myself for my website. Let me know what you think of the initial draft- Im thinking of using some fuschia pinks and deep purples...quite girly!

Holly x

1 comment:

lorna said...

hi Holly,
great drawing- you've got a great confident line and fab anatomy skills- I can't wait to see the final colour version.

Good luck setting up your website- it's easy once you get going and so great for giving yourself a little ego boost now and then. :o)

I'll be back!
Lorna