Sunday, April 02, 2006





Hello,

I have posted some photos of my day out to Holkham beach (up here in Norfolk!).

Altogether me and Matthew took around 100 photos and went through other villages such as Cley and Holt- which, by the way are lovely places to stay in Norfolk if you ever come up here.

The weather was quite windy, as it always is in Holkham but it was still sunny and warm so quite a few people where there. I even saw a few people riding their horses on the beach which looked like great fun (if only I had a horse :-). I'm hoping to do some painting in a style quite like that of the images on my website. Next time, I think I will take my sketchbook as it's never quite the same drawing from photos.

Me and Matthew are lucky there are so many beautiful beaches here in norfolk although we never visit them quite as much as we should. I had a really depressing day yesterday and tried to paint the first sketch I put on this blog but it wasn't quite working..the beach definitely cheered me up!

Holly x

No comments: