Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Hello,

This week Matthew and I are in Aldeburgh, Suffolk looking after Matthew’s parent’s dogs (who are a bit of hard work I must say).

So far, we have travelled back to our house twice to carry on with painting the walls so it's beginning to look a bit more like a home now. I can't wait to get stuck into the Garden although it's all a bit new to me and I don't know where to begin (although I notice Alan Titmarsh has a few good tips on the BBC website!). Mowing the lawn would be a good plan though! It's a bit wild.

I think I will start with the veggie patch first then think about planting some dark tulips (apparently you are meant to plant them in November). I want quite natural grasses and flowers such as poppies and lavender with tall sunflowers growing up the side of the old green shed. Plus, I am going to make some garden lights from jam jars and buttons (don't ask how- you will have to wait and see!). I think it will be looking lovely come Summer time (I hope).

Today, I have been out on the seafront sketching boats and houses. It was quite a muggy and grey day and the sun has now decided to come out as soon as I get home. I am trying to concentrate on actually concentrating. It takes practice to feel comfortable drawing in front of strangers in public. People look at you as though you are mad. This makes me distracted and nervous but I am getting used to it. I can't upload any images until Matthew gets home as I am not sure how to do it on the computer I am currently on.

Am now going to spend the rest of the evening making Shepherd’s Pie and thinking of a new life plan to kick my arse into gear (and practice better time management).

Holly :-)

3 comments:

holly-rose said...

Hello Julia,

If you are going to Aldeburgh then I would recommend the 152 restaurant- scrummy food and not too expensive! :-)

natural attrill said...

Your garden sounds like it's going to be lovely, I like those kind of flowers as well. Show is your button lamps when you have done them.
Penny.

holly-rose said...

HELLO SORAYA!!!!!!!!!!!!!1


I miss you too LOTS -make sure you keep looking on my blog.

Holly :-) xxxxxxxx

Ps. I will email you xx