Sunday, July 23, 2006

Hello!

Had a really busy but great weekend- I feel very lucky to be me at the moment!

On Thursday evening went to a life drawing class which was a bit of an eye opener and really hard! I made lots of sketches mainly with charcoal and here are two of them:



Compared to the other regulars mine look pants but I'm quite pleased with them for a first go. The class isn't on again until September although I think I will definitely go weekly as I learnt so much in two and a half hours!

Anyway, spent the weekend down in Aldeburgh with Matthews family and went out for a fantastic meal at a restaurant called the 152- scrumptious food and wine- I ate so much I felt physically sick! (oops!)

Spent the rest of the time there on the beach soaking up the good weather and stuffing in plenty of the the best fish and chips you can eat followed by pink grapefruit sorbet! YUUUMMMMMM!


Anyway, that's enough talk about food (for now). On Saturday night Matthew took me to see Jamie Cullum in Theford Forest- if you love live jazz music like I do then go and see him- the whole band has tremendous talent and I was in awe of how well they played . You can tell when someone really does it for the music and not the fame...

Oh! And here are some photos of the cards I have designed for www.artgardenstudios.com (my Mum's website). Altogether there are 9 landscape and 9 square designs. All are glossy with a packaged envelope and plastic wrapping. I think they have come out really well and I especially like the square designs..

Holly xx

1 comment:

natural attrill said...

Hi Holly, the cards look great,I would like some, how much are they? Just replied to your comment on our blog before seeing this. Maybe we could do a swap? Penny.