Tuesday, July 04, 2006


Hello,

Had a good couple of days with Matthew. We went to Holkham beach on Monday with a picnic and fell asleep in the sun- very relaxing.

Today, I have been painting with my Mum who has taught me many techniques from her years of painting! I'm lucky to have such help at hand. I am now aiming to produce 10 beach themed paintings to practice my painting and colour skills whilst incorporating illustration. It's all very exciting!

Here's a sneak preview of the first image. It is the charcoal drawing and red underpainting. So far, I have only painted the sea and the piece is a beach scene seen through a window. (Ignore the black line round the painting-bad photo!)

By the time I have reached number 10 I should have developed a good style and soaked up lots of information! It's all good practice and great to actually have a project to finally get stuck in to.

Holly x

No comments: