Thursday, August 24, 2006

Bonjour!

It is now officially my weekend before I go back to work on Saturday. I've mainly been sketching and listening to my new Kooks album (which, I highly recommend). I've gone back to doing images up a bit. This is the first image from my sketchbook using ink, pencil and acrylic:




Secondly, here is a pencil and fine-nib ink sketch:

Sketching over to look at tone with coloured pencils:

I think in future I will try and use more paint as I am sketching. I also, really enjoyed using the black ink and painting with it instead of using a nib (the first image)- the effects you can achieve are interesting.


Holly :-)

3 comments:

Gail said...

I love those last 2 of the girl's legs - they are great - such fun. The colour works well with the application of coloured pencil ...

Anonymous said...

They look like my legs! Have you been following me? Stripes rule.

natural attrill said...

I love the inks and acrylic style in your sketch book, its very loose and a complete contrast to the sea paintings.
Penny.