Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Hello!

Have been busy all weekend working and dealing with bloody annoying customers so haven't got much work done until today. I have been thinking again about my character Alice and went to the children's library in Norwich to get some inspiration on how to keep the movement within my character. I like my drawings when they are slightly looser and sketchy as I think it brings more life so I am trying to make the existing Alice slightly softer and more appealing to children (but still with a 'tomboy' look).

Here are some initial sketches from my sketchbook looking at different movements and facial expressions:



Close up of one of the sketches:


Developing a sketch onto watercolour paper ready for colour:


Have been doing a bit of painting also. This the second layer of colour- I'm enjoying using odd perspective in this picture:

Oh! And this is my beautiful doggy Ted. I took this at half five on Sunday morning when he had just lumped out of bed onto the cool floor in the hallway- he looks as if he's thinking "Bog off Holly"...!

Ciao for now :-)

2 comments:

natural attrill said...

Blimey you've been busy!! Looking forward to seeing more...

Unknown said...

That lighthouse painting is great! Cute dog too!