Monday, June 05, 2006






For the first time since January Matthew and me actually had a weekend off! Well actually, I did work on Saturday at the shop (my new part-time job) but apart from that I had lots of lie in's and sleep...hurrah! On Sunday we wen't for a walk to a huge, beautiful graveyard which is just down the road from where we live.

It may sound like a random place to go on your day off but it's more like secret garden than a graveyard. It's been there since around 1819 (I think) and all the grave's there are really overgrown and FULL of wildlife which is unusual down my road!!! I believe they do regular walks around the area for people who interested in the rare nature and plants around there. It's not creepy at all and I found it by accident one day.

Anyway, I have taken some photos and may do some sketches from them a bit later on or incorporate them into another project. xx

2 comments:

tlchang said...

It looks absolutely gorgeous! What a great place and great pictures.

Ben said...

Hi Holly,

Thanks for the comments! I've been browsing through your blog as well, and I have to say that I really like the "We are not dolls" image. Really great! I like the loose feel to it. It kind of reminds me of the work of Laura Quick (which can only be a good thing!)

I hope you're enjoying the forum! :D

Bentin xx