Monday, June 19, 2006





Hello,

Have had a bit of an idea for my portfolio and something that could lead to more work. Basically, after much pondering and worrying about what to draw I have finally managed to come up with an idea that I am actually really enjoying. I have decided to design a wedding stationary pack (invites etc) based on traditional wedding flowers but in a much more contemporary style. I can see exactly what I want to do in my head so am now in the process of practicing my watercolour skills.

I want to go for something quite loose and bright preferably on a brown card. For now though here are a couple of images I have just painted which are not very good but at least it's a start. I can see already how I need to improve the next ones and I am quite excited about this project.

Although, I am finding it quite hard to manage my time now I am not at work. It's very easy to spend ALL day in the library (like today-oops) or potter about. Perhaps I should set myself a task each morning and reward myself at the end of each day (preferably with a gin and tonic!). I'm hoping I will eventually settle into a routine I am happy with.

Holly :-)

No comments: